Ugly Cat



A doodle-a-day challenge had me drawing an ugly cat today.

So much fun, as I normally have unicorns, rainbows and cupcakes on my mind.

It reminded me of an ugly, shrivelled, hagged old cat that used to slink around the corner of a building I used to live in.

It used to snarl scratchy, mean, feeble attempts of intimidation when any pretty little bird floated by. 

Man, how everyone pitied that ugly old pathetic cat.

It got uglier the more it snarled. 

At first we were a bit intimidated by its dark presence. Next we just laughed at it - and the dirty little critters that clung to its stinky fur.

Then it just all got a bit sad really. Everyone prayed it would leave the neighbourhood and find a place where it would belong. 

I moved away so don't know the details, but I've heard it is still prowling around.

Don't get me wrong, I'm rather partial to a little ugly-cute..... but I just pray that poor old thing can find some love to brighten up those beady little cadaverous eyes.

And I hope rainbow is next on the drawing agenda!