Earth Day Art Project

Here is an art project for Earth Day! This can be done on newspaper to encourage the idea of recycling with your students.



Give them each a sheet of newspaper and direct them in the following drawing:

 


 


 

I used a black oil crayon to do the drawing and then mixed up some food colouring with water for the paint. I find that the food colouring mixture works better on newsprint and gives a lovely smooth and vibrant result. 

 

Once dry, I trimmed the edges and it is ready for display! 


I love collecting and finding art project ideas and pin them to my Art Ideas pinterest board. Click below to find and follow my board!


Thanks so much for stopping by today - have a great weekend! 

6 comments

Jayne Gammons said...

Great art idea and tip for using food colors. Thanks! Jayne
Smart Kids

Marta Máster said...

It is a very interesting and instructive activity. I can imagine that the students enjoyed themselves. A great idea. Keep in touch

Mrs Poultney said...

I love using newspaper to paint on, this looks great Mel, thanks!

Tania
Mrs Poultney's Ponderings

Terri Brown said...

This looks like fun and I love the results. When you paint on the paper, it looks like the results would tear if you tried to move the paper when it was wet--so do you leave it in place until it is dry? And does it ever stick to the table and rip? I want to try this but I'm wanting to work out all the kinks. ;-)

Stefanie Galvin said...

Love this activity, Mel! So simple, but very effective!

Stef
Miss Galvin Learns

Sandy Welch said...

i love this idea and I'm going to do this on Earth Day for sure!! Thank you so much!