Apple Classroom Art Project


Do you need an apple themed art project idea? Well here is one idea for you!

Here is how we did it:


1. Start by painting a sheet of newspaper green and another one red. Use thinned paint, or watercolours. I used a nice big fat sponge brush.



2. Wait for it to dry. Then freehand sketch some apple shapes....




and some leaves, using crayons.




3. Cut out the shapes and experiment with different layering and arrangements on a black card stock background page. Once you have decided - use a glue stick to stick them down. Apply the glue right to the edge of each piece.




4. Wait for the glue to dry, and then use crayons or oil pastel to add patterned detail to the apples and background.




I love the effect of water-colour on newspaper and students love seeing how you can turn something old into something bright fun and new!


I have an 'Art Ideas for Kids' pinterest board, if you would like to get some more ideas for fun classroom art lessons. Find and follow my board HERE


If you need more back to school art ideas, I have just finished some 'directed drawing' worksheets. Click on the image below to find this packet in my TpT store!